"I'm so glad you are doing the From Left to Write incentive again, it LITERALLY pushed me over the finish line last Spring." ~ Dr. Tiffany Shimmel, 2022
From Left to Write is a participation challenge that will last throughout the spring semester - from January 23rd through May 5th. For participation in each of the Graduate Writers’ Studio (GWS) qualifying events, you will earn a specified number of entries into the monthly swag drawings and the May 9th Grand Prize Drawing for $300.
The goal of this challenge is to impress upon you the importance of continued engagement with your writing projects (particularly long-term projects like theses and dissertations) and to highlight GWS programming.
Possible benefits of continued engagement with your writing projects include but are not limited to:
- Beginning to build up “stamina,” developing the ability to become more and more productive.
- Working through the crap and into the brilliance.
- Feeling less stressed about writing because you are giving yourself more time to get it done and to do it well.
You may even find yourself beginning to enjoy writing!
- Complete the Registration form found here.
- After you register, you will receive a welcome letter and an invitation to the “From Left to Write” Slack group.
- Engage with the group in Slack. This is where you will
- Submit your activities to earn your entries
- Some activities will require documentation to demonstrate participation
- Chat with other graduate students across the campus who are also participating in the challenge
- Complete the Activity Entry Form (found in Slack as #activity-submission) immediately after completing each approved GWS activity to receive your entries.
- Your completion of this form is your official tracking of your participation in each activity, so save the copy emailed to you each time.
- While the GWS will compare the responses to our own records, we will not track your participation for you.