What to Expect from a Consultation:
- Schedule- Visit mywco.com/lehighgradwriting to schedule a time to meet with a trained graduate writing consultant. Consultations can be 1-2 hours long, depending on your needs.
- 20-page maximum- Consultants can assist with documents up to 20-pages long per consultation. The actual number of pages worked through will vary by consultation.
- Communicate Concerns- Provide your consultant with 1-3 higher order writing concerns you would like to discuss during that consultation, i.e., organization, incorporating source material, presenting, etc.
- Upload- Upload your document of no more than 20 pages when you schedule your consultation or at least 5 hours prior to the scheduled start time. This provides the consultant with the adequate time to read the document and form beneficial feedback before the consultation.
- Synchronous- You and the consultant will both log in to the scheduler and enter your consultation at the scheduled start time. During the consultation, you and the consultant will discuss the concerns you indicated when you scheduled the consultation.
- Asynchronous- At the scheduled start time, the consultant will log in to the scheduler and spend the scheduled amount of time reading and providing feedback based on the concerns you noted. The consultant will then upload a version of your document with their written feedback and will email you a copy.